DFK París / MIAS / Casa De Velázquez
Within the framework of the collaboration agreement between Casa de Velázquez, the Madrid Institute for Advanced Study (MIAS), and the Deutsches Forum für Kunstgeschichte (DFK Paris), a research fellowship of six consecutive months, divided between Paris (three months) and Madrid (three months), is offered to develop a post-doctoral research project in the field of Art History (Latin America, 20th and 21st centuries).
DFK Paris promotes the development of innovative projects in an environment conducive to scientific debate. It promotes interdisciplinarity and prioritizes research of excellence in Humanities with a transversal perspective from the Iberian world to the global dimension.
- Have a doctoral degree issued by an institution in a Latin American country before December 31, 2017. This can be verified with a photocopy of the doctoral degree.
- Present a research project that will specifically and explicitly benefit from the stay. The project must be related to the research orientations of DFK Paris and MIAS, and must be no more than 6 pages, including a selective bibliography, with a minimum font size of 11 points and single spaced.
- CV mentioning the candidate’s major publications (maximum 5 pages with a minimum font size of 11 points and single spaced).
- Photocopy of valid passport.
- Optionally, one or two letters of reference that can support the candidate’s potential and qualifications.
- Have resided in a Latin American country permanently for at least 6 months prior to the deadline for this call (affidavit required).
Failure to comply with any of the conditions listed will terminate the processing of the application.
- Digital submission of the complete documentation to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Evaluation of the projects by the international selection committee composed of Casa de Velázquez and MIAS, following a report by DFK Paris.
- Applications for the academic year 2021/2022 can be submitted until November 30, 2020.
Criteria for selection
- The quality of the candidate’s scientific dossier.
- The quality and future potential of the research project.
- The congruency of the project with the research orientations of DFK Paris and MIAS.
- MIAS will contribute to the costs of international transatlantic transport up to a maximum amount of 550 euros.
- The beneficiary researcher will receive a remuneration of 1,000 euros per month.
- MIAS will provide accommodation for the researcher in the Casa de Velázquez facilities, in accordance with the conditions set out in the institution’s internal regulations.
Deutsches Forum für Kunstgeschichte in Paris support
- DFK Paris will contribute to transport costs within Europe up to a maximum amount of 550 euros.
- The beneficiary researcher will receive a study grant of 1700 euros per month during the three-month stay in Paris. The grant covers all costs related to the stay in Paris.
The resident at MIAS and DFK Paris commits to
- Participate in the lunches or seminars of the academic staff in residence at MIAS.
- Contribute to the dissemination of the activities carried out at DFK Paris and MIAS.
- Specify in the publications made during the stay that these have been carried out during the stay at DFK Paris and MIAS.
- Submit a final report of activities to both DFK Paris and MIAS.
- Develop research work in Paris and in Madrid.
- Respect the regulations of the MIAS and DFK Paris researcher (Stipendienordnung)
- Provide proof of medical insurance valid in Spain and France for the duration of the stay in Madrid and Paris.
The project carried out during the stay must be in line with the submitted proposal.
With regard to the health situation, some flexibility in the dates for the stays will be accepted. However, the stay must take place during the Sept. 2021 / July 2022 academic year.